Today was absolutely beautiful! The sun was out, the chimps were enjoying their warm greenhouses, and the seven had another lunch Hill forage! I know I always talk about little moments in the chimp house: the moments that just kind of make your heart melt and remind you how grateful you are that these chimps are in sanctuary. Today was full of those little moments.
1. Negra was the first chimp out of the raceway for the lunch forage! She was going everywhere trying to find the potatoes and chow. It was very nice to watch.
2. Annie, as you may know, has already been spotted with her sweatbands! Today, she was either wearing them or carrying them in her pelvic pocket (a hot pink and green one).
3. Lucky was also spotted wearing a green sweatband (not pictured).
4. Foxie gave me her doll through the raceway so that we could go take a quiet walk around a little bit of Young’s Hill.
5. One of our interns gave us a pair of her Doc Martins that Jamie had been eyeing for awhile. We gave Jamie those boots today and she seemed elated to have them <3!
6. Cy’s group were out in the greenhouses for most of the day, all grooming each other.
Negra on the Hill foraging:
Burrito in the warm green house:
I hope you enjoy these little moments and Annie’s video :)!