Today the Saturday crew of caregivers here at CSNW were pondering all the things we’ve learned from chimpanzees throughout our careers. So here are the first few things we came up with, this is not at all a complete list as this will be an ongoing project but I hope you enjoy the photographic journey of life lessons taught to us by the chimps we’ve cared for.
1. The chimps are always right.
2. Enjoy the small things, never pass up an opportunity to play!
3. Life is short, so don’t take yourself too seriously
4. Stay vigilant – almost anything can become a weapon
5. Always, ALWAYS keep the chimps occupied. If you don’t have activities to keep them occupied then they might find their own projects to work on, like lock picking and bridge destruction.
6. Stay Humble.