I have good news and bad new about the Bray. The good news is that it is about 95% complete. The bad news is that winter came early this year and the remaining 5% will be difficult if not impossible to finish in freezing weather. It’s also a less-than-ideal time to introduce the newest group to the enclosure, so the Bray will likely be opened late winter or early spring. We’re disappointed but looking forward to longer days, warmer weather, and an entire summer of Cy’s group exploring their nearly two-acre habitat.
Here’s a photo I snapped of the lower portion of the Bray during the single week of fall we got to enjoy this year:
With the colder weather upon us, the chimps have taken to basking in the sun from the comfort of their greenhouse enclosures.
Gordo, trying to get away before I could take his photo and making a mental note to spit on me the next time he sees me: