We are still in the midst of the heat wave. Thankfully, today is not in the hundreds, still hot, but there is a nice breeze going. With warm weather means lazy play sessions, even Burrito has slowed down just a touch. Today, while Sofia and I were finishing up cleaning the playroom we found Annie laying on the cool floor while Missy’s toes dangled down below. Annie was grabbing Missy’s toes, fingers, and giving her little pokes while Missy sat above her on a barrel. It was a lazy game for Annie and Missy, but it was all they could muster. When these two really play it might start out slow, but eventually it ends with them laughing, wrestling, and running around grabbing toes. As you will see in these photos we are all preserving our energy. Don’t worry though chimps and humans have had lots of fluids and Gatorade not to mention lots of fans and misters going too!
As I drove up the driveway to the chimp house this morning Happy Club popped into my mind. Some of you blog followers are familiar with it, but if you read Diana’s blog a while back. What jogged my memory was seeing 4 or the 6 new chimps watching me pull up the driveway. All of them in the greenhouse enjoying the warm summer breeze. It brought a smile to my face. So, I thought I would share a few happy things over the last week.
- Well, first of all I am so happy to have the Lucky 6 home! The fact that they are settling in so well also makes me overjoyed.
- Terry and Cy are absolute hams! I am truly smitten.
- Yesterday, I had the pleasure of being in Rayne’s company. I was cleaning GH3 and she was in GH2. I sat with her for a while. She is very sweet.
- Missy dangling her foot in front of Annie as a taunt to play.
- Last week Negra requested that J.B., Diana, Anna, and I all dance for her. We immediately did as we were told. It makes me smile because that is what sanctuary is supposed to be, right? Negra tells us what she wants and then we do it :).
- Dora. Just seeing Dora makes me happy.
Burrito staying cool in his castle.
Gordo cooling off in his favorite spot.
Rayne popping in to say hi.
Honey B hanging out in her favorite spot, the chute.
Jamie melting into her nest.
This heat hasn’t slowed Terry down!