I’ve been trying for a while now to do a post on Jody. She is pretty camera shy! Today I snapped a picture of her outside enjoying the sun. Even though we don’t write about her as often as the others, she is a very special chimpanzee. For example:
1. She lets us know when she does not like our door opening/closing techniques, often by spitting a mouthful of water on us.
2. She “mothers” stuffed animals. Not as much as Foxie and her troll babies, but she is often seen snuggling up to a baby monkey or Elmo.
3. She has no time for silly things like playing chase or tug of war. She is much more interested in relaxing. And she deserves it after so many years of “service!”
4. She spends a lot of time grooming with the other chimpanzees. Today she and Foxie were out on the deck grooming away.
5. She often guides the other chimpanzees in for meals. Tonight Foxie was a little hesitant to come inside, perhaps in part because everyone was very excited (and noisy and rowdy and rambunctious) for dinner. Jody waited with Foxie until Foxie seemed ready to come in, and then followed right behind her. She does this for Negra and Annie too.