Foxie gazing at playroom from first front room.
Archives for June 14, 2008
Click on the words “Negra’s Home” at the end of the paragraph for a video of Negra filmed yesterday coming into her new home!! She was the last chimpanzee to be tranferred in. You can see in the video that she comes right in and excitedly greets Sarah, who was taking the video. When the door is opened for her, she goes through to meet up with her chimpanzee friends waiting in the other front rooms. Negra’s home
Wow. The first full day with the Cle Elum Seven at Chimpanzee Sanctuary Northwest. There’s just so much to share – we already feel behind in updating folks. They are all just doing so well and are so much fun – it’s unbelievable. Here are my personal top ten moments (in no particular order) over the past day and a half:
1. Negra sleeping in a comfy nest on the highest platform in the first front room
2. Jamie playing chase while carrying a purse, a t-shirt, and a large kong toy
3. Foxie looking out to the big playroom – they’ll be going in tomorrow!
4. Jody’s enthusiastic greetings whenever we walk into the human hallway
5. Missy head bobbing frantically for more sweet peppers
6. Burrito playing with Jamie
7. Annie chasing Missy throughout the front rooms – all day
8. Jamie wiping out the food door lazy susans with the t-shirt she was wearing around her neck
9. Missy’s hair blowing in the breeze from the window of room four
10. Burrito lying down, holding his feet with his hands